Monday, May 31, 2004

A Post For Anthony

Hey Bud,

Thanks for having Mommy type me a note from you. It sure made me happy to hear from you 'cause I really miss you, sister and Mommy an awful lot.

I'm very excited that Uncle Glen got you a remote-controlled car. I can't wait to see it when I get home in a few days. I'm also glad you had fun at the Mudbug Festival. Sounds like they had lots of neat games. Did you eat some crawfish for me?

Mommy told me you're having fun with cousins Megan, Ethan and Mitchell right now. I'm glad you got to visit them. Tell them I said "hello." Tell Uncle Randy, Aunt Doris, Maw and Paw I said "hello," too. Sure wish I could be there with all of you. I've had a good time here getting to know new people, but I'm longing for my family these days.

I finally got to see the Crocodile Man on Russian TV here. I woke up from my nap, and there Steve was on TV, holding a poisonous snake while standing in the water. I thought of you and wished I was on the couch with you and sister watching the show. I couldn't understand what Steve was saying on the show because another person was repeating Steve's words in Russian -- kinda like when Ingrid talks to you in Spanish and you don't always understand what she says.

I have learned some new Russian words, though. I know how to say "thank you" (spacebo), "your welcome" (pajoulsta), "yes" (dah), "no" (nyet). And when we greet people here we say "previat," and we tell them "dasvadanya" when we say goodbye. (I'm not sure if I spelled all of those words right.) I even spoke some phrases in Russian yesterday when I preached a sermon. Sure wish you, Elli and Mommy could have been here to hear me talk. I miss seeing you in the front row at church when I stand up to talk.

Well, I better go now and write to other people. I miss you and love you, and I can't wait to give you a big hug when I fly home on Saturday.

Daddy

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I??ll right away snatch your [url=http://www.cheapuggbootsinuk2013.co.uk]cheap ugg boots[/url] rss feed as I can not to find your email subscription hyperlink or newsletter service. [url=http://www.cheapuggbootsinuk2013.co.uk]cheap ugg boots[/url] , Do you've any? Please let me recognise in order that I could subscribe. Thanks.

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home