Saturday, May 22, 2004

I Slept With The Preacher

Just as I never thought I would be able to visit Russia in my lifetime, and I also sincerely hoped I would never have to admit what the title of this post says. Alas, it is true: Jeff and I slept in the same bed last night.

It's been crazy since we got here. We went straight to the train station from the airport, hoping to get a ticket to Nizhny that night. They were sold out of second-class tickets. We decided to buy the "luxury" tickets instead, thinking that it would still be cheaper than all of us staying in a hotel, but by the time Tom got back to the ticket window, they had sold the last of the luxury tickets.

So at about midnight, Tom called a Christian friend in Moscow to ask if she could put us up for the night. She agreed ... but she had only one cot. It was more like a pull-out couch and no bigger than a twin bed. I could have cared less, though. I was out cold within 5 minutes and didn't wake up until 10 a.m. I only heard Jeff snoring once (don't know how many times he heard me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Marilyn said...

Martin said that you two would become closer than ever on this trip and I guess he was right!(Even he probably didn't know how right.) Hope everything will go well through the remainder of the trip.

5:26 AM  
Blogger Libby said...

Hi Jeff! I think I'm on...Can't believe I'm blogging?!!??
Holly asked does Danny have his laptap, or is he posting at internet cafe also? It also appears as if you are successfully using our computer from there. Which address am I to use for your e-mail?
Enjoying your postings!

11:50 PM  
Blogger Scott's said...

Well seems like you're bonding just like Martin said you were. Hope you're having fun. (This is Charlei again btw (by the way)) Mr. Tolbert said you were flyin' hi (talking about Danny) on the way to the airport so hopefully your enthusiasm was/is enough to last you through the whole trip. I'm sick again. Going through a big spell of vertigo and equilibrium issues. I threw up 14 times yesterday (9 of which was before noon) so please pray for me. I was better today but I dropped the song book when we were singing at church and almost fell over when we went to sing the invitation song. But we've had a few visitors and the lessons have been very good thanks to Rick and Harris! We miss you but it's nice to hear the guys get up and speak...it's a different perspective on things sometimes.
With love and prayers,
Charlei

4:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home