Saturday, May 22, 2004

I Slept With The Preacher

Just as I never thought I would be able to visit Russia in my lifetime, and I also sincerely hoped I would never have to admit what the title of this post says. Alas, it is true: Jeff and I slept in the same bed last night.

It's been crazy since we got here. We went straight to the train station from the airport, hoping to get a ticket to Nizhny that night. They were sold out of second-class tickets. We decided to buy the "luxury" tickets instead, thinking that it would still be cheaper than all of us staying in a hotel, but by the time Tom got back to the ticket window, they had sold the last of the luxury tickets.

So at about midnight, Tom called a Christian friend in Moscow to ask if she could put us up for the night. She agreed ... but she had only one cot. It was more like a pull-out couch and no bigger than a twin bed. I could have cared less, though. I was out cold within 5 minutes and didn't wake up until 10 a.m. I only heard Jeff snoring once (don't know how many times he heard me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home