Saturday, May 22, 2004

Safe And Sound On Russian Soil

Our plane touched down at about 8:15 p.m. Moscow time on Friday, and both Jeff and I were thinking the same thing: We never thought the day would come when Americans would be able to enter this beautiful country. We truly feel blessed to be here.

The weather is cool -- about the 60s during the day and the 50s at night -- and of course the one thing I forgot is a jacket. I also brought plenty of short-sleeve shirts because the book I read said the weather is typically in the 70s this time of year. Thankfully, I have a few long-sleeve shirts, so hopefully I'll manage.

Tom and Masha met us at the airport, and they have been great. Tom knows how to speak quite a bit of English, and Jeff is already speaking some Russian. (He likes to show off 'cause he knows I'm a redneck!) I, on the other hand, keep saying "gracias" to everyone, like they speak Spanish in Russia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home